Work with us
Work with us
Acting to combat climate change is one of the world’s most pressing challenges. Climate Friendly was founded in 2003 as a profit-for-purpose business. Our growing team is passionate about active land management, and we are focused on finding economically viable solutions to maximise our impact on climate change. We have a proven track record, having already delivered over 10 million tonnes of carbon abatement since 2015. We are expanding our team to build on our success and help achieve our purpose of reducing emissions by 100 million tonnes by 2025.
As one of Australia’s largest and most experienced carbon farming project developers, Climate Friendly helps land owners and land managers to unlock economic, social and environmental value through improved management of Australia’s land. This includes more than 100 partnerships with farmers, plantation managers, agribusiness and traditional custodians on carbon farming projects.
Acting to combat climate change is one of the world’s most pressing challenges. Climate Friendly was founded in 2003 as a profit-for-purpose business. Our growing team is passionate about active land management, and we are focused on finding economically viable solutions to maximise our impact on climate change.
As a Project Officer in our Carbon Projects Team you will work to drive project management & client engagement outcomes for existing carbon farming projects. Primary aspects of the role incorporate:
- Managing a personal portfolio of carbon farming projects and clients;
- Administrative tasks relating to carbon projects (client liaison, data collection, reporting etc.);
- Undertaking regular fieldwork, primarily in the mulgalands regions of QLD & NSW;
- Assessing on-ground condition of carbon projects, and developing farm management plans/permanence plans etc.
Position would suit someone with:
- excellent communication skills;
- experience in remote work and ability to travel;
- common sense, pragmatism, and self-motivation;
- understanding of farming systems in the rangelands;
- experience in dealing with rural clients would be advantageous.
Location is flexible, though it is desirable to be based in regional NSW with easy access to our projects in North West NSW.
For a full description of outcomes and accountabilities please download the Position Description. We offer a competitive salary with progression within the $60-80k range, plus benefits and a bonus scheme. If you have questions about the role please contact Toby Ekman at email@example.com
To apply: Email us with the role position as the subject title including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria plus a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 March 2021 11pm.